Our Early Help Strategy
Staffordshire’s Early Help Strategy underpins this vision. Its aim is to establish a common understanding of early help and help ensure everyone can see how their contribution can make a difference to the lives of children, young people and families living in Staffordshire.
To view the strategy please go to Early Help Strategy 2022 - 2027
Referrals/Requests for Support to Early Help Teams
Requests for support from the Early Help Team should be made via Staffordshire Childrens Advise and Support Service or as part of step-down arrangements between Specialist Safeguarding Units and Early Help Teams.
Consent from the family should be obtained prior to a request for support been made. Referral guidance can be found at Staffordshire Council’s Website
Take a look at our Early Help Teams here
Education Referral Pathway
As part of the Core Education Offer, we are now asking that all schools send their requests for Statutory Action for unauthorised absence/ late arrival to one new email address firstname.lastname@example.org
This now includes Penalty Notices for:
- Leave in term time
- Persistent and unauthorised absence / lates
- Excluded student seen in a public place during the first 5 days of exclusion.
Schools can make a Reasonable Enquiry Reasonable Enquiry for a student absent from school for more than 10 days without any explanation or contact from parents. Schools will need to use the new Statutory Action Request form to make referrals.
Please note – the referral process for CME, EHE, GRT and Permanent Exclusions remain the same.
Early Help supporting documentation and forms
- Family Star Plus User Guide 2
- Family Star Plus Star Chart 1
- Early Help Assessment – Staffordshire
- Early help Plan Initial – Staffordshire
- Review Early Help Plan & Team Around the Family Meeting (TAF)
- Early help Consent Form
- LST Offer
- Family Support and Outreach Service Referral Form
- Early Help Practitioners Guidance